Advanced Geomechanics Sdn Bhd (AGM) is a research, manufacturing and contracting firm specialising in piling injections and geotechnical slope works. We invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2 vacant positions of Project Manager preferably with experiences in piling and basement works to meet the following job description:
SCOPE OF WORK
The Project Manager scope of works shall;
- reports our in house design team and resolve problems effciently,
- control, direct and co-ordinate all members of the project team on site,
- manage all aspects of the site project including organising sub-cons and suppliers,
- coordinate, prepare progress report and laise with sub-contractors, consultants, client and government officers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete project works on time and within budget.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relations with the Client.
- Organize, direct, co-ordinate, motivate project team members.
- Establish the work break down structure and budget in accordance with estimates for cost control.
- Establish (within the financial authority limits) and administer all site subcontractors to ensure the execution and quality of their obligation.
- Report to Contracting Engineering Department Manager (Chief Engineer) the status of Project especially regarding cost and progress.
- Preparation of monthly progress payments.
- Maintain manpower management, safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the stated quality requirement of the project.
- Ensure requirements of the Quality Manual and procedures manual are adhered.
- Keeps record or information regarding variation order and extension of time.
- Liaise with Planning Department to produce the Monthly Progress Report to his project.
- Issue correspondence relating to the project.
- Place and approve orders in accordance with delegated with financial authority.
- Approve project organization chart.
- Approve the appointment of site supervisors and the site engineer.
- Establish and maintain the trades and labor workforce.
- Direct work to cease on the project for reasons of safety.
- Establish and maintain discipline of project personnel.
- Develop and issue specific project operating procedures (if required)
- Supervise and direct the work of all project team members.
- Approve for payment subcontractor invoices.
- Conduct on site induction training.
- Direct site subcontractor.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B., BSc., BE) in Civil Engineering, or higher. (Preference will be given to those who attended courses in project and construction management).
Functional Competencies: Through active teamwork, demonstrates that group mind can be far more effective and insightful than the individual.
Professional Experience: 8-12 experience, of which 6 years in project management of major construction jobs in a reputable contracting company. With proficiency in Foundation Engineering and Piling work.
Language: Strong command of English and Bahasa (written & spoken) is a must.Spoken Chinese would be an advantage.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of AutoCad and other related engineering software.
Interpersonal Skills: Possession of sound managerial skill; strong communication, negotiation and reporting skills; knowledge of project planning and latest engineering techniques is a must; strong command of English.
JOB CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
Work Environment: Mostly on site for routine checks on production and in the office for preparing/submitting reports; Full time; sometimes in the evening and on weekends also.
Duty Hours: 8 hours a day and a lunch break; including Saturdays
Physical Efforts: Continuous training program that motivates and is beneficial to both parties.
Salary & Benefits Package: Total package of RM7,000.00 to RM12,000 (subject to qualification & experience).
Please apply with personal resume/CV and expected salary to AGM located at:
Suite 2B-7-1, Block 2B
Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
50470 Kuala Lumpur
Tel. No. 603-2261 4023; 603-2261 4888
Fax No. 603-2261 4024
Person to contact : Irene Tee